Thursday, September 25, 2008

New season, new books

Well, the boys and I finished The Dragon in the Sock Drawer last night. It was a great read the whole way through. We even went to the accompanying website that the cousins visited in the story. I am hoping there will be another book in this series.

Eliza and I have read Jamie Lee Curtis' new book (her 8th actually) a few times. Big Words for Little People is an adorable rhyming story about a huge family who encounters big words in their daily life. Words like privacy, considerate, perseverance are all explained in a child-like way.

Tonight we read the first chapter of Ivy and Bean Take Care of the Babysitter. So far so good. The fact that all three kids moaned when I closed the book is a good sign...they wanted more.

Tonight I am starting We Are All the Same by Jim Wooten as this is our pick for our adult book club. Loni picked this one and was moved deeply by it.

Jim has just gone for a quick run and my knitting is calling me so I shall sign off...

No comments: